Sunday, 14 March 2021

Harry Potter

 


I thought I’d start my review journey with the series of books that started my love of reading. In discussions with children over the years I have found that Harry Potter is similar to marmite, you either love it or you hate it. Anyone who knows me, knows that I absolutely love it and I’m going to explain why.


As the title suggests, the stories follow the character of Harry Potter, a young orphaned boy who discovers that he is a wizard. Upon this discovery, he is thrust into the magical world of Hogwarts School where he meets new friends, learns new skills and attempts to triumph over the evil which has caused him so much heart ache.


As an avid Harry Potter fan, I am aware that there are a number of people who have watched the films but who have not read the books. Although the films are entertaining, I will always argue that the books are 10 times better. The development of the characters throughout the series is so much more relatable in the books. The books allow you to create the world within your own head, developing your imagination and questioning your expectations of events which you thought you knew so well. This is something that just watching the films cannot do.


Finally, another reason that I have such a passion for the Harry Potter series is because of the incredible life lessons it can teach children if you really read into it. Not simply the fact that good must battle against evil but so much more. It teaches you that true friendship is the key to everything, that strength can come in many forms, that doing the right thing is not always an easy choice and that those we love never truly leave us. There are so many ways that the world of Harry Potter can have an impact on children and this is why I feel that the books are something that all children should be exposed to. 


Miss Shuttleworth (slightly Harry Potter obsessed) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harry Potter

  I thought I’d start my review journey with the series of books that started my love of reading. In discussions with children over the year...